Polepole Wooden Animals - 7pc Dinosaur Set
Travel back in time
Perfectly sized to fit in the little hands of budding palaeontologists, this 7 piece Abizia wood dinosaur set includes a Velociraptor, an Ankylosaurus, a Triceratops, a Stegosaurus, a Tyrannosaurus-rex, a Pteranodon, and a Brachiosaurus.
Hand-carved in Indonesia, Hand-painted in Japan
This series of animals from Japanese brand Poletoko gets its name from the Swahili word “polepole”, which means “slowly slowly” - a direct reference to the thoughtful and time consuming process of creation. The process begins in Indonesia, where skilled artisans hand-carve the animals from white Abizia wood - known to be one of the quickest growing tropical trees, Abizia wood presents a more sustainable material option. In order to avoid the use of a lacquer or chemical treatment in the finishing, the animals are then carefully filed and sanded many times to create a super smooth finish. Finally, each animal is meticulously hand-painted in Japan. Individually hand-carved and hand-painted, each piece is truly one of a kind.
7 Polepole wooden dinosaurs:
- Velociraptor (approximately 9 x 3.5 x 6.5 cm)
- Ankylosaurus (approximately 10 x 3 x 4.5 cm)
- Triceratops (approximately 9 x 3.5 x 5.5 cm)
- Stegosaurus (approximately 9 x 3 x 6 cm)
- Tyrannosaurus-rex (approximately 9.5 x 3.5 x 7 cm)
- Pteranodon (approximately 9 x 6.5 x 2.5 cm)
- Brachiosaurus (approximately 9 x 3.5 x 7 cm)
Hand-carved in Indonesia from white Abizia wood
Hand-painted in Japan with non-toxic paint